Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just Don't Care

The Tony's? Don't care. I know I should, being a theatre guy, but I don't. Don't know what plays are up for an award, and don't care. Unaware of honorees and presenters, and guess what--don't care. Couldn't even begin to tell you what shows are running in NY at the moment--and--you guessed it--don't care. Who are the biggest Broadway stars these days? Don't know and don't care.

I read the NY Times online each day, except for the arts section. I dunno why, but I never ever do. I stick with the front page, intl. news, and opinion page--the rest doesn't apply to me at all. Don't care.

I don't judge my friends who do care. We all have things we care about. NY theatre just isn't one of them, for me.

But that isn't all. Fashion--don't care. Celebrity news--don't care. Automobiles--don't care. Blood sports--don't care. Plight of the homeless--sorry, don't care. Abortion--not my bidness, don't care. Hockey--don't care. Basketball--don't care. Tennis--please! Home decorating--obviously don't care. 

Don't care. You can't make me care. Just don't freakin care.

2 comments:

ButtonHole said...

I am the boss of you, and you'll care if I say so!

Mark said...

yes ma'am...