Saturday, May 30, 2009

Another Damned Rainout!


I am accepting full responsibility for this mess--before the last three shows, I have looked at my other 2 musketeers, just before going onstage, and said, " It is impossible that we will have rain tonight"--sort of tempting fate, I guess, except Fate can't seem to resist temptation...  the first time, we rained out in the beginning of the second act, last night we got a whole show in, but it rained hard a half hour after we finished, and tonight it rained a few scenes into the first act, and we halted, and waited, along with a massive amount of audience members, who hunkered under the massive trees in the park--then the rain passed, and we squeegeed off the stage, and started up again, got through Act One, and began Act Two, then lightening began flashing all around (no rain though), and as we all carry a lot of small lightening rods on our belts, the show was cancelled, almost precisely in the spot it was cancelled opening night. It is forcing our critics to put in some real time to see a show that barely runs 2 hours. 

The pic above is Dani and me backstage, during intermission--she is in her wench costume...

2 comments:

ButtonHole said...

I like this new design. It's very tasteful.

Really, all that weather should wait for The Tempest, huh? Or perhaps the 3M is just its dress rehearsal!!

Mark said...

Spooky--I feel as if I am responsible somehow--Caligula-like, I am striving daily against the gods, and feeling their displeasure in the form of forecast defying rainstorms...