Thursday, January 15, 2009

douchebags

The other day (and aren't all days "other" except this one?), I was reading an article about Robert Novak, the conservative columnist tagged by Jon Stewart as " The Douchebag of Liberty" (surely the funniest nickname in years). I got curious to see if Novak's picture would come up if I googled the word "douchebag"--and was a frankly a little disappointed to se that it did not.

However, what did come up was a lot funnier, at least to me. Page after page of photos of men wearing Body Armour shirts, or none at all, flexing their muscles, groping women at parties, drunkenly leering toward the camera. What made me laugh was the notion that these guys thought they were being recording at the height of their dudeness, or manliness, and instead,they  have been lodged in the ether for all time as "douchebags". It just got funnier and funnier to me. Each picture of a young man appearing to have the time of his life was  accompanied by a small caption at the bottom which simply read " douchebag". Here's one:



Here's a pair--they often travel in packs:


2 comments:

Dkelsmith said...

Oh dear God....I am embarassed FOR them.

Connor David Gallagher said...

Dude on the right either didn't do too good a job of spray-tanning himself, or his mom did it for him.